Then I kept thinking just turn around and do it, turn around and do it, when I finally did it - this is the result she was getting up to leave! And by the way she is really really pregnant and even was waddling a little bit!
I decided that this wasnt good enough and that I would like a better picture. We went ahead with our day by going to the Shamu show and then just after we left the show who should I see walking toward me again, but this time with her husband Gavin Rossdale and I decided I just had to do it. I just took out my camera and as Gavin stared at me I mouthed SORRY and clicked, this time success - a picture worthy of Star or Us or even People magazine.
Well I decide to call Hayley and brag a little of my star sighting and told her I had been hanging out with Gwen Stefani. She was jealous and that was the point because she wasn't with me because we were doing little kid stuff. Apparently they decided they wanted to see her. After about an hour they found her. According to their story this is what happened. Hayley proceeds to go straight up to Gwen and say -I hear that you have been hanging out and talking with my mom! Could we get some pictures together? (Did she not understand that I didn't literally mean I was hanging out with her - AAH) Gwen proceeded to tell her she couldn't today because there were so many people around and she couldn't get started because so many people would come up to her. She said she was super nice and friendly and apologetic. Hayley was a little sad, but then realized she had just had a conversation with her - NICE.
When we met up again to discuss our stories, she couldn't believe that I hadnt really hung out with her, but now she wont stop bragging that she I guess did hang out with her for a little bit.
It was a great day at Sea World with a good story to tell. Here are some other pictures of the day.

18 comments:
That is awesome! I have never run into anyone famous- but I am always on the lookout. We went to Sea World over the weekend- can't wait to go back, we didn't get through it all. I don't think the weekend is best time to go. We stayed until it closed and saw the night shows. That was a new experience for us.
Yeah...maybe I need to get some passes somewhere because chances of me running into a star in Temecula are pretty slim to NEVER! Lucky you! Make sure you print out your blog so you have a hard copy for proof!
yeah at least i had conversation kuz I GOT NERVE like hannie montaniee but ya she wuz amazingly nice well wut a fun day!!!
how exciting! you're lucky--those things never happen to me.
Way to find the absolute coolest celebrity to run into! I can't believe you got a picture of all three (actually, four) of them!
Hayley is my hero for actually talking to her, that is awesome.
So cool! What a great day at Sea World! I don't think that I have ever even seen a famous person in real life! Awesome!
rachel does it again!!i can't believe that shot! good work. the kids look so cute{on the grass} by the way.
Glad to see you finally blogged it...I have been bragging on your behalf and I didn't have any proof until now. Cindy is VERY excited for you.
Way to go Hayley...glad she had the guts!!
Happy Star-Spotting! I still want up-close pics of 'The Ricker' please???? xoxo
That's pretty cool. And though I don't want to steal your thunder, here's where I get to bring up MY Gwen Stefani story.
I had a class in college with Gwen (Fullerton College). It was an art class and we sat by each other all semester. This was 1991 and No Doubt was just negotiating their very first record album. She was SO nice and we joked all the time about "when she was going to be famous." I invited her to wedding reception #1 and we actually had a discussion about the church and temple marriage. At the time she was desperate to marry Tony Kanal. I even have in my old date planner with her parent's home address and phone number, written by Gwen herself.
I love love love it! Yes it deserved 3...Gavin is hot by the way and I didn't realize that you got the whole family in it, I thought it was just Gavin... so cool.
Theresa has definitely stolen your thunder....now I am WAAAYYY more impressed! ;o) Even if it was ages ago...she was friends with Gwen! xoxo
I did know an Amy Fife from Fullerton (Brea). She was Amy Olson, then married Jim Fife. Is she the same one you know? I know she has at least one daughter named Cossette. They lived in the same apt complex as my ex-husband and me for a while... I don't know how college fit in the timeline, though. I know she married young (since we were the same age and were married), but isn't it a small world if it's the same Amy?!
But yes... we were so excited when No Doubt got their first album. I've been to only one No Doubt show... a small one at the Whiskey in L.A. in early 1992. After they were done playing they came down into the crowd. I chatted with Gwen a little, but unfortunately (for me), that was the last time I talked to her.
sister taylor wins... sorry mama rachel :)
I love that you mouthed sorry. You are awesome. I was going to take my girls to the The Grove in LA on Saturday to the American Girl Place, but didn't go. Found out that Katie Holmes and Suri were there. Dang! I missed a good one.
that is such a great picture. way to go rach! i love how you said SORRY as you took it:)
Those are some great stories. Your blog is never boring. Thanks for the entertainment!
I am so jealous! My luck is not that good. Maybe Us Weekly is looking for a new photographer!!!
Post a Comment