Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Turkey Time

My brother and his family got out of the cold in Provo to spend Thanksgiving with us in sunny Southern California. It was to be their very first Thanksgiving celebration (remember this holiday is not celebrated in Australia, surprisingly I am asked that question quite regularly).

I guess they bought the cold wet weather with them because it rained for the 1st time in a long time for the first 2 days of their visit. Thanksgiving morning the boys had a blast playing in the annual turkey bowl (a football game) in the mud and the rain.

We spent the day at Chads parents house. Here is Dave, Esther and their youngest Isaac.


Every year Abby gets so excited about eating the drumstick - her highlight of the day!

As always when they were together Abby and Savannah were inseparable. They were always off in a corner or room happily playing, we barely would see them.

The Feast - it was delicious and delectable and we all ate way too much as is expected.

Esther and I. The day after they arrived, Esther informed me that she had just finished the book of Twilight and really wanted to see the movie. Being the great host that I am we snuck out one afternoon leaving the men in charge to catch the movie - it was great even the 3rd time. O.K. I know thats pretty pathetic BUT I saw it first, then I had to take Hayley after I had previewed it and then I had to be a good host so you see it was purely not selfish!




We had all sorts of fun playing outside and up at the clubhouse and we are so excited to have some of my family living a few states away for 2 years.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Looks like USA GT's all round!!

I could go some turkey on rye right now...mm mmmm

I love the family photos in the background at Chad's folks house. I wish I could zoom in!! ;o)

We are glad you have family with you....but we need them to come home one day. We miss them!! xoxo
(oh...and we miss you too...but we are used to you being MIA) xo