Our 2nd annual 3rd of July backyard campout was a success and ended without any visits by the fire department (unlike last year). We had about 85 attendees to enjoy a beautiful summer evening together with friends!

We roasted some hot dogs over the fire pit for dinner
My brother David and I. When I posed with him, his daughter Beth was a little uncomfortable and upset with how close we were, you know another woman with her arm around her daddy - we thought it was quite funny and had to explain a few things about having the same mum and dad!
Me and some of my gal pals!
View from the balcony - not capturing the whole scene but good enough.
the kids were entertained by all sorts of games

Smore smores please!
I love the whole make your own dinner and make your own dessert idea!
Time for the movie on the big screen projector. This year we watched Finding Nemo - that movie always brings a smile to my face - Fish are friends - not food. Really that movie has so many good lines - love it!
Only 4 families spent the night and somehow a bunch of other kids! I somehow made my way up to my bed again (so bad I know) but I did not sleep well at all so thats what I get! Another good time - next year all are invited again, but I think we will nix the camping out and just make it a late night - it makes for too tiring of a 4th!

3 comments:
You guys are the best! Can't wait for next year!
dang! another great tradition we have to miss out on. i guess i should start doing some of the fun things up here. glad to hear the fence did not start on fire this year:)
No camping over night? What?! It won't be the same without being cold, uncomfortable and woken up by giggling girls at 6 a.m.-
Then again... what am I talking about? I braved my bed this year with sicko Raegan! ;)
Post a Comment