Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm a lucky/old woman

For my 37th birthday this year - some sweet friends took me to the Glen Ivy Day Spa in Corona. How fun is this place? Did you know that on your birthday you get in free? Once you enter the spa you have free range of all the pools and fun places that they have. The only thing the entry fee doesn't include is a treatment (which we didn't do) and lunch (which of course we did).

Our first stop was the mud baths. We started off in the water where we began to slather the mud all over, then we moved to the dry mud area where we completed the process of covering our bodies.


Then it was time for the mud to bake and dry on our bodies in this heating room. It was fun to look at how gross this process was, as well as sloughing it all off!

After we got cleaned off it was time for a little bite to eat - delicious

we relaxed in the roman tubs

sweat off a few pounds in the steam room

and soaked up some rays while floating around the pool. It was a wonderful way to spend my big day!

Opening presents with the kids - I got new towels and new bedding :)

My birthday cake - chocolate - my fave compliments of Brittany! I have a good life! Thank you family and friends!

2 comments:

Eve said...

I guess I know what my plans are for my next birthday! I feel relaxed just looking at these pictures.

ShOrt StoRy said...

I love the posts! Next year fo sho' I will be there!