Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Kapono and melekeleikimaka BRUDDA


We headed to the north shore because we heard there was a swell a brewin. It was going off! It was so fun - we sat right in the middle of backdoor and pipeline with a perfect view of the huge waves, plenty of surfers and a bunch of photographers. It was so cool to see. It was completely entertaining and once again we had to make ourselves leave and move onto the next fun thing.

We were determined to hike us to a waterfall. This wasn't quite the rigorous hike that we imagined but it was still completely scenic. We went through Waimea Canyon to the waterfall and of course jumped right in and frolicked underneath. It felt so good!



After our hike - well pretty much a relaxing walk, we headed to lunch at Sharks Cove followed by some more snorkeling. Just take me to a different place to snorkel every day and I be happy!



The day would not have been complete without a stop at Matsomotos. I had heard about it and oh yes it lived up to its reputation - mmm mmm good. Never before this trip had I tried the shaved ice with ice cream - who would have thought this would be so delicious and delectable and oh so addicting. From the day we discovered it, we had one of these babies every single day and sometimes twice!

We had so much fun in the pool and slide and hot tubs. This was a hot tub with a hot water waterfall - NICE!

There was a tunnel, with water falling through some holes, that was just so fun to play in! We were acting a little childish because it was so gosh darn fun.

We would do little obstacle courses around the pools. My favorite was running down to the lagoon and swimming all the way out to the rocks. I love night swimming!

Aloha - I will miss you!

As always all good things must come to an end, and as much fun as I was having I was definitely ready to see my children. Such a great trip full of family time, fun, relaxation, adventure, beautiful places, laughing and time with my hubby - loved it! I am one lucky woman!

No comments: