Monday, December 3, 2007

Rise and Shout the cougars are out!

Saturday was the BYU - SDSU football game. We had been excited for so long, Chad got 50 tickets and we got a group together (we should have got 150 because so many people wanted to go) sitting in the San Diego section because BYU didnt have that many together. I read in the paper today that the stadium was two thirds BYU fans thats gotta feel pretty good when you are the visiting team. Its always fun when your team wins and that BYU did easily 48-27. The kids had a ball together cheering, running around, taunting the other teams cheerleaders and mascot and eating nachos. Even though growing up in Australia we would make fun of American football with all the pads and the time in between plays, I really do enjoy watching the game now that I fully understand it. BYU football is pretty big in our house so I know about alot of the players which helps me enjoy watching it alot too!

Trent watching the players warm up

Notice no one in the stands, we had to get there over an hour early so we could watch the team warm up, and that was the only time it rained.

We had white and blue paint to use on the kids faces but by the end of the night the boys got brave and crazy (it was freezing cold) and showed their true BYU spirit! Hey they were doing everything they could to get on the big screen and therefore be on television!

7 comments:

Roberta said...

Hey Rachel,
I love the bare chested boys! What a cute picture. Go Cougars!

Julie said...

Congrats to Abby for making it on the big screen!!!
Thanks for a super fun night!! We need to do that more often!

Naomi said...

How fun! I love that there is such a big group of Cougar fans here . . .

I grew up in Happy Valley, so BYU games just took over our entire fall season.

Great picture of the "Y" boys!

kEllY said...

I also love the picture of the "Y" boyz. Fun memories for them.

Debbie said...

that looked like a lot of fun!

go cougars!

you must be getting so excited, your family should be here soon:)

heidi said...

Hey Rachel--I want some more of the count down to family. Darin was at that same game and nows he's sick again. FREEZING!!

Billings Family said...

Okay, whatever Mrs. Cute in a beenie... Looked like fun, bummed we missed out. Love the cougar spirit in you all! B-Y-U lets go!