Friday, November 30, 2007

It's Raining its pouring!

Of all the days for it to pour with rain it had to be today! Today was supposed to be Abby and the 1st graders field trip to Legoland, and I was a chaperone. They have all been so excited, she has been asking me questions about it for weeks and so excited because I had gone with the older kids, so she thinks I know everything that we will be doing. We made arrangements for the other kids, packed treats and lunches last night, even had early nights because we had to be at school at 7:45am. Early this morning I woke up to it pouring with rain, I was so sure that it would die down or even stop but it has not even let up. The teachers were really kind and pretty much left it up to us parents who were there whether we should still go or cancel. We all said cancel - I dont want my child on a bus, on the freeway, with no seatbelt, in the 1st big rain of the season therefore slick roads and walking around in the rain all day! Well needless to say there were alot of tears and upset kids but they were promised it would be rescheduled. So what is one to do on a day now that the day is free and with no children - some of the mothers went to breakfast at the pancake house - mmm mmm good!

2 comments:

~Riley~ said...

yeah rache it DIDN'T STOP... EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmm... i remember Legoland... ahh the good ol' days!

Julie said...

I was so relieved when it was canceled! I didn't sleep the whole night before just thinking about freeway conditions, lack of seat belts and the rain!

This rain is great, but it hasn't stopped all day long!!! I hear the this same storm is bringing snow to Utah! Just in time for your white Christmas! yippie!