Saturday, June 21, 2008

the 80's rule



Our neighbors the Warricks, Fifields and us!

A few weekends ago our ward held an 80's prom. Everyone 16 and older was invited and we were encouraged to dress up. I took this as prom attire, but most people decided to just come in 80's dress, I wish I decided that too. I borrowed this awesome dress from a friend, it reminded me of the electric blue one I had. I wish a I had a proper picture of the back of this dress, it had a big old bow on the butt, very attractive. I also wish that I had spent more time on my hair and makeup, it cold have been way more 80s ish you know bigger and curlier but oh well too late! The funny part was with those wearing prom dresses, everyone had to wear undershirts to make them more modest and some people wore the exact ones they wore in high school with pins in them because that was only way they would do up - too funny!

The night was pretty fun, you cant go wrong with 80's music, Jen and Jason did a great job with the decorations - there was balloon arches and all things 80's. There was also a continuous slide show playing all night of everyones either senior picture or picture of them in the 80's which was most entertaining.

I would have to say the highlight of the night was something that we had been working on for a month or so. A group of us got together to learn the Thriller dance (thankyou Jen). Think 13 going on 30. We learned the exact dance and then when the song came on we all said stuff like - I so know this dance, I can remember this so well - and then we busted it out. We were all really nervous, I hadnt done any real dance before, but it was so fun, I find myself going over the steps in my head in bed and then busting a move in my kitchen now. We had a guy be Michael Jackson and all, and apparently we all nailed it. Chad was even impressed which means it must have been pretty good, he thought I would embarrass him. If anyone needs a dance number at any activity we are ready to go and perform. Thriller is all we know but I guarantee we wont disappoint!



10 comments:

heidi said...

sounds like something right up my ally. you are right the 80's RULE!

Danielle said...

Too Funny....but Rach...I think you scrimped on your 'fringe' action. Yours was WAAYYY bigger and more teased than that! I have evidence.

Dress was just about spot-on though. Love it!

Good to see you keeping the dance festival dreams alive. Leah would be proud! Rock on!! xoxo

Chessa K said...

How fun...we need to so things like that in our ward...with Erin it will happen!

Theresa said...

Ha! I love that prom shot of you and Chad. It's right on the money.... the balloons and everything. But Danielle is right - not enough bang action. You can see MY bangs in my Father's Day post. Looks like you had fun!

Dave Liddicoat said...

Rach,

Look like fun but how could you not have introduced them to a little Aussie 80's style and performed Kylie Minogue's Locomotion.

Your fringe was definately bigger back then. I remember you and Narelle using a can of hairspray each before a dance and then spending the rest of the night teasing your fringe so it would have the springboard effect.

Pity Chad's hair wasn't grown out to allow him to reprise the role of his 90210 alter ego Dillon.

Aimee said...

Thriller? You guys are awesome...Love it!

Billings Family said...

I am dying!!! That is so funny! I love it! Teach me the dance pleeeaaase!

Julie said...

FUNNY!! I love that some went all Cyndi Lauper, some cardboard box style breaker, and some prom night elegance. Looks like a good mix of all things 80's!!

Danielle said...

Hey Rach

Blame Dave for my newest blog-entry. It was his idea.

Anyway...you were a spunk, so you have nothing to worry about!

Ok...go look now. xoxo

Team Fifield said...

GT's. I've got the footage now too if you want to add it in! By the way... your prom dress was perfect!