On Tuesday Lukey turned 5, wow I am getting old. He had a great day - all he wanted was a spiderman balloon, a fish, and a TV in his room - well he got the first 2, pretty good odds I say! His day included preschool, lunch with friends, friends over to play all afternoon and then dinner at - wait for it - Chuckie Cheese. He has never been before and has been asking, so we thought it was the perfect opportunity. Man I forgot how loud and obnoxious that place is, everything the kids love spending ( or should I say wasting) money on games, eating pizza and winning prizes!
He has grown up so much in the last few months. Luke has been taking speech classes for the past year and a half and then last week he was retested and didnt qualify any longer for the program - I was so excited and so proud of him. From a boy that didnt talk a whole lot, now it is sometimes hard to shut him up - in a good way! He also starts kindergarten soon and I have been very hesitant to put him in because he has been a little slower academically than the other kids, but lately he is surprising us in alot of things and we are thinking he may just be ready to start school - much to our shock!
We love our Luke, he brings alot of fun and excitement to the family. He is always ready to wrestle with the boys and then snuggle and give kisses with me. Dont call him a big boy or even the baby of the family he will tell you that he is a MEDIUM boy now! I love my medium boy!
Are you impressed by my skills? Of course he wanted a spiderman cake - he loves anything superhero or action figure
Ready to eat the cake at Chuckie Cheese
Lukes good buddies who shared his day with him - Mick, Jack and Shea!

6 comments:
CUTE CUTE CUTE!! Those photos are so...(how do you say it?)....so 'DANG' cute! Ha ha
Who does he look like? Hayley and Trent...total Liddicoats...but Abby and Luke are different.
You've just got to love their excitement at this age. I want to eat them up!!
Congrats on the speech thing, great news. Give school a go..at least he won't be biting anyone! ;o) Can you send some of that luck our way?
Happy Birthday Spunky Luke!! xoxo
Yay for Medium Luke! Happy Birthday! Glad you had a fun day! P.S. So impressed with the cake, Rachel! :)
Thanks for having Shea ALL day long! She had a blast celebrating with Lukey! You are a brave Mama for taking a bunch of kids there...and for using red and black frosting!! Happy Birthday, Luke!! We'll keep our fingers crossed for am kindergarten together!!
Five?? Your Lukey is so sweet, and the part about 'graduating' speech made my eyes tear up a little. Go, Luke!
I am v impressed with that cake. My son, oops I mean my daughter, would love that cake. Cammy is a little tom-boy and loves superheroes. Cute photos, well done.
Meg xoxo
Luke is a super sweetie!
Post a Comment