Sunday, June 8, 2008

Mud Run

Saturday morning we participated in the world famous mud run on the camp pendleton marine base. Last year I did it with 2 sister in laws and 2 friends. This year we decided to get a bunch of couples together, we ended up with 8 couples and 4 singles, for a group of 20. It is a 6.2 mile run and obstacle course. It includes ridiculous hills, a swim across a lake, 2 different 6 foot walls to climb and then land in mud, tires, pipes to crawl through, a huge slippery muddy slope, fire hoses to run through, little river beds to cross and the mud pools to crawl through under flags, actually you cant crawl you have to lay flat and put your head under to get through. These are the before and after group shots.


Some were definately stronger than others and some were more serious than others, but we all had such a great time and were very tired by the end. You had to compete in groups, so we all split up and then to qualify you had to link arms while crossing the finish line.
My group was Chad and I, John and Lisa Bray and Byron
Julie, Debbie, my neighbor John and Stephanie and Brad Jensen


Matt and Luella, Jason and Jen and their brother Brian


Brad and Chelsea, Jon and Su and Chessa

After the dirtiest obstacle, literally swimming in pure mud, there was a clean off station where everyone waited for the rest of their groups. We had Eric who was injured waiting there to take our pictures.




Chad and Brads sister - Leslie was competing with another group (their group was the I love Edward Cullens), so we had a family shot!

We are wearing our mud run shirts on the shuttle bus back to our cars. We all went to a much deserved in and out lunch and then home to our kids, who were ready to play and we were beat. I slept very well last night and my only injuries are scraped up knees and a very stiff knee. It was a good day, I loved running with my husband, he was so sweet and stayed with me the whole time, he helped me over the walls, we even held hands a little - I am a lucky woman to have such a great guy!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow!! You guys look like you had a blast! Is it a race? Did you do better than last year? We were just talking about this with Es & Dave on Friday night, wondering when it was. I think she will be keen to come and join you next year!

Me....I don't think I could cope with the mud. I think I am allergic! ha ha...sound familiar? Mud, shaving cream...whatever else grosse you want to throw at me. ;o)

Love the pics and congrats on being the first to blog-it. xoxo

Debbie said...

oh my goodness, you are so fast to blog. way to go girl! it was a GREAT day from beginning to end. i was glad i was able to be a part of it with such good friends. we need to do it next year, a little tradition.

Julie said...

I still grin just looking at the pictures! What a blast that was!! We need to start working on costumes and theme ideas for next year! :) Great documentation of the day!!

cheryl said...

Ok, we are on the computer at the same time. I love these pictures! What a fun time. But Tess & Tayli wondered why you have a tattoo? (: (I told them it was mud.) Anyway, I didn't try the Vegamite, I should have. Tayli loved it. Next time I will try it. And I haven't seen 27 dresses, but will have to for sure now. And maybe next year Ry and I will join in the mud fun.

heidi said...

Looks like a blast. I'd love to join you next year!

Team Fifield said...

It was sooooo much fun! Can't wait for next year. I'm still contemplating Alcatraz swim... are you down?!?!

Eve said...

You guys are awesome - you even made it look fun. :)

Randomly, I was searching for blogger backgrounds today and look what I found! It's perfect for your blog, don't you think?

Naomi said...

What a complete blast! I have enjoyed looking at all of the pics on the different blogs. I really want to do it next year. I love the red shirts--definitely worth doing if you get a cool shirt like that!

You look beautiful--even covered in mud!

four boys taxi driver said...

I took a look at your blog today and found a couple of pictures from events we have done lately, i.e. Stephenie Myers and Mud Run. I added them to my i photo. It was so fun seeing my family at the Mud Run. It made my day to see you all covered in mud.