Monday, August 17, 2009

Heck Yes I think I can dance!

This summer we got to go to a taping of one of Hayley and my favorite shows SYTYCD with Hayleys school dance team. She even got to bring some of her BFFs with her. It was a very long day leaving our house at 5.oo and not getting home from L.A. until about 11:30 that night but we definately had ourselves a good time. After the morning performance taping we got to meet the Jeanines family and they gave us all these badges which we wore for the whole day. We continually had people coming up to us and asking how we got them all day long.
During the break we headed over to the Grove and ate lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. It was seriously was perfect timing because it just so happened to be national cheesecake day which meant that all cheesecake was half price - oh darn! This restaurant is never a disappointment - it was delicious as always!

After some good food and shopping it was time to head back to the CBS studios for the live taping of the show. Hayley and her friends scored front row standing right next to stage and got to high fave, speak to and hug plenty of the performers and contestants. They had a ball. I on the other hand was not allowed right next to the stage because I was a chaperone -and not a teenager, made me feel a little old when they told me I couldn't stand right next to them dang it. However I did score the front row of the audience right next to the choreographers - Tyce Diorio and Tabitha and Napoleon. I got to talk to them and they were super nice and fun


The purple was not planned - just needing bright colors to show up on TV. We had a fun time.

THEN

The next day I get a call from Kelly saying she scored tickets to the performance finale at the Kodak theater - even though I hadnt even recovered from the day before I couldn't turn those down. It just so happened that the Fifields got tickets too so a group of 8 of us got to head up to LA for the coveted finale taping. Again it was so fun - we quickly got off to a good start by bumping into some choreographers.

Sonia who was kinda shy and quiet and shopping for some funky shoes

Adam Shankman was super nice and very chatty and in a good mood because everyone in the rehearsal had just told him he looked skinny!

When we got into the theater we realized that even though we had the early call time, thinking that meant better seats - we were in THE VERY BACK ROW - seriously. The theater holds 3500 people and the back row was so stinkin far back and high up we couldn't believe it! We literally couldn't get any worse seats. When we got the tickets from the lady, she had a huge stack in her hand she told us they were the best ones she had in her hands - she was a big fat liar thats what she was. We all knew when we sat down that we were gonna work it to get better seats. It was Jason that came through for us all by slipping the right guy a little moullah and getting us our own private box. So great. Jason is a stud. Jeanine continued to be my favorite and I was so glad she won. Thanks again to Kelly for the tickets and to Jason for the hook up!



The next day I got a lot of flack from my family - Chad thinks I am becoming a groupie and Luke told me he doesnt like it when I go to the dance show all day because I am gone for along time. So they just so happened to fall within 5 days of each other - bad timing but what do you do - I had so much fun.

5 comments:

ShOrt StoRy said...

Yay again! Seriously top 5 things that I love in my life....concerts, dance....all in one months time...Life doesn't get any better! ANd double thanks to Kelly!

Heather said...

Just tell Chad and Luke that moms need a little Me time!
Between that and the Coldplay concert (I love them too) you have had some great Me time!:0) I have to tell you we recorded Coldplay on our DVR and I would not let anyone erase it for the longest time - they are that good!

Danielle said...

I can't believe that swimmer/netball girl.....has ended up with a dancing-girl daughter and has turned all dancy herself!!
I want you to film Hayley's school dancing and post it for me. I will live vicariously. I think that God didn't give me girls for a reason! ;o)) xx

Sharon said...

we saw the girls when Ade did his solo! So fun!!!

Team Fifield said...

AHHHHHHH. Memories. :) That was a great day/night! It couldn't have been more perfect! Thanks to our sugar daddy, the gas was off for a week! (hahaha JUST KIDDING!!!) It was SO worth it! Nose bleed to private box... HECK YES!