
It was so beautiful. We had a picnic lunch, walked around the hippy booths, and Chad chose to not spend the money and go on the steam train tour - dang it!

Instead we went on a little hike. It was so beautiful and peaceful (besides the sound of the steam train). The kids were completely entertained by nature and the things we found in it. We loved the cave inside the tall redwoods and the slides that some of the trees made - we could have been happy to stay all day.
We even spotted some deer up close and watched them for awhile.
Then we headed over to the coast and walked the pier. We loved watching all the sea lions play.

This one was in bad shape - it looked like it had been attacked very recently by something. We were guessing by the teeth marks that it was a shark - so sad.
The kids had to swim in the ocean just to say that they did. They were quite surprised to actually feel how freezing the water temperature was. Abby is the only one that went all the way under - the others were wusses

Then we walked the boardwalk. It was quite cool to have an amusement right on the beach, but it was a Friday evening and there was a concert playing, so it was beyond crowded - and Chad hates crowds. It was too packed with all of the kids so we didnt spend much time there at all.
Now I have been there done that!

3 comments:
Oh...I love the pics! Looks like so much fun!
So....don't you like San Fran and it's surrounds? I had that as a place I definitely wanted to see, but now you've put me off. Maybe I will skip it and just go to the lake instead!
(do you like how organised I am for my imaginary 6 month holiday??) ;o) xxx
My old stomping grounds! Oh how I miss it!!! Looks like you guys had a blast!
Post a Comment