Thursday, February 7, 2008

A few of my favorite things!

I was inspired by Theresa's blog where she listed things that she loved in honor of valentines day. I have decided to copy her, keeping the same rules, those being - all parts of the gospel, my family and my friends all being a given that I love! Therefore they will not be included in my little ditty, but let it be known that I do love and adore those things and people!

To put my own spin on it I decided to put it to the tune of My favorite Things from the sound of Music, so would you please sing in your head or out loud as you read -that would be very much appreciated.

Pinkberry, Toblerones and French onion sun chips,
Thai food and Swedish fish and Us magazine,
Summertime and Dolphins, Sunsets, and the Beach!
These are a few of my favorite things.

American Idol and Survivor, of course the Amazing Race,
So you think you can dance and Dancing with the stars,
Target, Cheesecake factory, Singing out loud and Musicals!

O.k that was fun how about another verse!

a Clean house and Clean sheets and Laundry thats done and put away,
my Cul de sac, Hot baths, Sunny blue skies and a Good book,
Swimming and Laughing and Dates with my husband
These are a few of my fave things

Rainy nights when I'm snug in bed,
Springtime and Being in my yard,
my rockband Waaanted, being done Working out,
Action movies, Chick flicks and Chocolate!

So thank you for indulging me and the things that I LOVE! (let it be known that there could be many more verses but I used restraint and tried to limit it purely for the sake of getting sick of that dang song!



My very favorite things!

13 comments:

Debbie said...

first of all, i cannot believe how tan your family is in that picture. i am in need of some serious color lately.

and that was so fun to read. i love that you put it to a song. you are so cute!

Theresa said...

Check you out! WAY more creative than me... LOVED IT!

~Riley~ said...

o yeah rach thanks a ton 4 the comment.... yeah right.

madi said...

that's so cute. love it

Elder Owen Keeler said...

I should just copy and paste your clever little ditty to my page. I too share many of those same loves - well, except for your family, of course. Not to say that they're not lovable, it just might make my family feel bad!! Anyway ... very fun!

kEllY said...

I love this! Great post!

Danielle said...

i think you should make a video. sing it and dance around your bed....then post it!!

hey...there was no mention of your birth country in there??

cute though. xoxo

Rachel said...

Loving Australia is just another given that everyone knows! But thanks for keeping me in check Danielle!

Peterson Clan said...

Rachel...It was fun seeing you in Yours and Mine..Favorite store Target! I love your favorite things list! Very clever. I hope you don't mind me adding you on my list! Have a great day! -Jenn P.

Danielle said...

waiting for the video...hey...you can borrow my new curtains to make outfits from!!

if you sing it in a horror aussie accent...you'll get extra points!!

Julie said...

Cute post...may have to do my own! :)

heidi said...

Your backyard should be everybody's favorite place to be it is so awesome!

Billings Family said...

You are rad. That song needs to be recorded for sure. Almost as good as The Mormon moms to the brady bunch theme. You need to make a career out of jingles!