Saturday, February 23, 2008

Let me count the ways

Last year for Christmas my in laws bought the kids Disneyland passes - it was our first time ever having them. We had so much fun all year and definitely got way more than our moneys worth, we loved it! Because it is Disneyland we were very careful to go on certain days when it wasn't too busy and not on blackout days, which limited us for sure. This year when my parents came we all went to Sea World, they were offering the fun pass, which for one paid entrance you get in free through the remainder of 2008 - how cool is that! So I would like to tell you what I enjoy about this place. Sea world - how do I love you? Let me count the ways.
1. FOUR days of blackout for the whole stinkin year, yep that means we will be going all summer long and staying into the night for the rockin summer nights!
2. We went on Monday, being Presidents day you would think it would be extremely busy, yes it was more crowded than usual. The wonderful thing about Sea World is that you barley have to wait in any lines and you dont really notice the amount of people. We got to do and see everything that we wanted!
3. My kids and I could be happy to sit and watch the dolphins or play with the sting rays for hours on end and not even have to go to any shows to make the trip worth it.
4. I know that one day one of us will be picked for something and be in one of the shows. I might just be asked to be a dolphin trainer too because they could tell I would be so good at it!
5. Cant wait for the kids to wear their swimsuits and be at the bottom of the splash zone for Shamu and dolphins and get completely soaked and not worry about getting cold.
6. I love Disneyland, but it was always a whole days trip and quite exhausting, Sea World is so relaxing and I feel like I dont need a day to recover after I have been.

Abby feeding the dolphins -they loved us!

Trent had a turn too!

After the Shamu show - do you see Shamu behind them in the tank?

Another fave is watching the walruses they are so very cool

We are looking forward to many a fun day at Sea World this year. We haven't had passes since we moved from San Diego when I went on a weekly basis, so my poor younger kids have been deprived like they so kindly remind me quite regularly. So - Sea World anyone?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
heidi said...

we had passes when the older ones were little and it was great. It was also fun for a date night with Darin--the food is super good. I might consider passes, we just got passes to Disneyland for this year. yes it is a whole day's trip, but I LOVE the feeling there.

Theresa said...

Now that you mention it, you do give out a "I'd-make-a good-dolphin-trainer" vibe. I'm SURE you'll get picked one day!

Danielle said...

hey rach....count us in!! do they do 'qantas' year passes to go with it? we kind of need to get there first. i wish!!

did you have a 'cosmic connection' with that place 'atantis' when you were little? where did this dolphin-love start?

thinking about that daggy place makes me laugh....aahhh...the memories. xoxo

Danielle said...

oops...i meant 'ATLANTIS'...can you change my spelling for me...that will disturb me. xo

Rachel said...

I loved Atlantis when I was young -I have very fond memories of that place - it was all about the dolphins. You know our family and all things in Yanchep.

Sharon said...

Summer nights are the VERY best at Seaworld! It's not crowded, and the Night show of Shamu is the BEST! If you sit up high in the bleachers, then you also have a great seat for the fireworks. Enjoy your passes this year!

Chessa K said...

Looks like fun! We haven't had Sea World passes for years...enjoy the night shows, too! I guess we'll leave you at the beach and go separate ways :-(!

Doug and Kristen said...

Doug and I were just talking about going in the next couple weeks so we can get the year passes too. Ryan has been dying to go for at least a year. He has this fascination with ocean animals that is so sweet. We'll be there a lot this summer too. Count us in!

Billings Family said...

AHHHH!! I love Seaworld, probably more than my kids. Great pics! Lets go together and just convince them that they need us..."The Mormon moms..."

Team Fifield said...

Sea Worlds so much fun! And their funnel cakes are killer! I can't wait to go play again! I've got cabin fever!

Eve said...

Fun! It was nice to visit today, thanks again for the flowers!

Danielle said...

Hey Rach

On behalf of your friends and (some) of your family....we are getting kinda sick of reading about Sea World!!

Blog something new girl!! See...I'm even saying this with a yanky twang in my head for you!!

Surely you have some cute Eastery stuff to blog for us.

Love you though.... xoxo

Julie said...

Well said, Danielle!!!! Post something already!

megan said...

You need to do a new post Rachel.

How am I supposed to see what you are doing in your life if you're not blogging?

Billings Family said...

Wow, you are just as bad as me about posting! Nice Rach, I think we need to post our "I believe emails...cause those were pretty dang funny. somehow they should be published. Oooh I know, my book!