Thursday, February 14, 2008

It WAS Heaven!


This is the view from my balcony this afternoon - CRAZY!

I am just in complete shock. Today it is cold and rainy, this wouldn't be so bad seeing it is the middle of winter! However rewind to just 3 days ago, when it was 50 degrees warmer (yes I saw 35 on my car today and on Monday it was 85 in Temecula), the kids had the day off school and we took a little trip to the beach. I cant even explain how magical the day was, perfect weather, blue skies, no one was there, great waves, great company and plenty of sun to get some color! It seemed unreal that in the middle of winter the kids were swimming, yes the water was too cold for me, and we were laying out and loving every second - thinking it doesn't get much better than this! I was so ready for summer and then all of a sudden we are thrown right back into winter! AAAAH. We were given this wonderful little taste and now its gone - at least I now am not completely white and we have the pictures to dream. I am now so excited for the long days of summer - but I also love love love the spring, so all this rain is good for our gardens!





Dreaming of our next beach trip!

7 comments:

Doug and Kristen said...

Can you believe that was only 3 days ago and now it's been pouring ALL day?! It was nice to go to the beach, but it's also fun to have the rain. Spring time here is so beautiful.

Eve said...

I was just thinking about you guys and your beach trip thinking how lucky it was that you all decided to seize the moment, the weather sure has turned today!

I am not a beach lover (surprise!), I am loving the rain personally. I blame my skin.

Chessa K said...

I can't believe our crazy day today, either! It was too dang wet and cold! And I can't believe how low the snow level came down! Too bad it blew out fast this afternoon. Playing in snow would've been fun! Playing at the beach is more fun!

Danielle said...

Is that snow on those mountains? See...they are waaaay cooler than the beach. Bring on the snow.

You always want, what you can't have!!

Looks like a fun day was had though...I stole one of your photos...it was too cute!! xo

Jenifer Mac said...

Rachel, So fun to come across your blog. We haven't seen you guys in forever. No more family reunions and we all lose touch. I saw Leslie in the Temple the other day but didn't get to chat with her. Summer is moving into her ward. They are so excited! Your blog is so cute.... I am addicted to mine! I saw Julie and can't believe how much she looks like her mom. Tell Chad, his cousin said hello. You take care, Jenifer (Shepard) Mcaninch

Naomi said...

Looks like a fabulous day! There really isn't much better than a relaxing day at the beach--Jeni said you didn't want to leave. . .

I was really bummed that I missed out!

cheryl said...

Hi there. I am wondering if Chelsea has had her baby yet? She looked so cute the Sat. before she left when we ran into her.
I can't believe there was snow in the hills behind your house. How fun. Much more fun than the snow we are having here. Yikes! (I'd rather look at it than have to drive in it, walk in it, etc.)