Monday, April 28, 2008

Flashback!



It seems like just yesterday that I was doing this same thing with my friends - standing in front of the mirror primping and getting ready. Ok there are a couple differences - Hayley and her friends are getting ready for school (they have a late start) and I would never do hair or makeup for school, I went to a private all girls school with uniforms and you could never wear make up and the hair thing was very strict too. Then I dont think I was doing this primping thing until I was a little older - they are only 12 and 13, oh my I am getting old! Just listening to and watching these girls completely took me back to the days of stake dances and firesides that we would completely hang out for and borrow each others clothes and spend forever listening to music and getting ready!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Yep...it takes you back. Only our mums NEVER let us wear make-up when we were 12. I think I was more like 14 and I never owned a mascara. Grumpy old mum! ;o)

Can you imagine what would have happened if we wore it to school? Off to the office to have it cleaned off...that's what!

They look so cute....but I think they know how to do make-up better than me. How sad is that? Hayley may have to give me lessons.

Thanks for the memories. xo