Hayley and one of her BFFs Claire have started taking a cake decorating class for 2 hours each week at Joannes. They are using it as one of their value projects for YW and then plan on doing the refreshments - a beautifully decorated cake for one of their activities like YW in excellence. I think that it is the cutest idea, I take no credit for any of it because it was Claires mom that initiated it all and organized it -thank you! Each week they take an already frosted cake and then they learn different techniques to decorate, then they are brought home for us to enjoy eating - everyone wins! So notice the cute aprons they are both wearing, Claire and her mom just happen to be super crafty and talented when it comes to sewing, so they just whipped these up for them to wear each week, aren't they so cute! I have zero talent in the crafting arena - really I don't have one crafty bone in my body, luckily I have friends that do! I love gifts that I can use as well, every time Hayley isn't around I have enjoyed wearing her new apron, which looks so good hung up in my kitchen.
Not bad for her first attempt!

10 comments:
Very impressive! They could make cakes for kids' birthdays and make some money for girls camp that way, too! They could showcase their new found talents! (Someone here has a birthday coming up the end of May:-)!
those aprons are so cute and what a fun thing for these girls to learn. i should have had them do ev's cake:)
Jenny Frazier would be VERY sad to hear you say you don't have any crafty bones!!
What were we doing all of those years in YW's?? I'm sure we were meant to be doing craft....but I can't remember actually producing anything. Maybe if we had mucked around less....it would be you and I making those aprons, ties, cool scrapbooks, yummy food......and all those other things we see in blog-land.
Oh well....who knew we'd need it?? Lucky we learnt how to shop and use an ATM or where would we be? xoxo
ps. Love the cakes!!
What a great idea for personal progress! I'll have to remember that.
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.
I need a cute apron!!! That is a great idea for Personal Progress...and she did a fantastic job on her first try!
great aprons and great looking cake, now I want some.
What a fun idea.
Family Fun magazine has GREAT ideas on cake decorating for the younger set she should check it out.
What a great idea. Not crafty? But your home is beautiful.
Post a Comment