Friday, April 4, 2008

Santa Barbara

Yeah yeah yeah I know I am a horrible blogger, you will just have to get over it! I just noticed that I didn't post for the whole month of March, no wonder I started getting so many rude comments. So I am very far behind and have skipped a ton of happenings, I apologize!

Its spring break and my parents are here again, this time for Abbys baptism which takes place next week. We wanted to do a little trip like we usually do when they come, I suggested we go to Santa Barbara. I have always wanted to explore and spend some time there after driving past it a few times on our way up the coast. I am now happy to say that I have now been there and done that. We left on Monday and Chad was able to come with us, even though he was technically still working and really did get stuff done, and then we returned home on Thursday. What a cute little town it is. We stayed at a perfect spot right on the coast in between the pier and the harbor and basically explored the whole time. It was really nice and relaxing, it got a little cool at night and then on Wed it rained a little but that didn't stop the kids from playing volleyball on the beach or swimming in the pool in the rain!



In front of the hotel!



Walking along the pier after dinner and then watching the sunset. We got the biggest kick out of watching the pelicans catch fish, it was almost addicting to watch!

We played at the beach, the water was freezing, while we watched a pod of dolphins play in front of us, Luke built rock castles!




We swam in the hotel pool every day, even Granny and Grandad swam too!

We went fishing at the end of the pier 2 times with no luck, not for lack of effort or wanting, we were quite disappointed with the results!



This is our 3rd time riding these crazy bikes, it is almost a tradition with Mum and Dad and us now. The first time was in Monterrey, and then we went along the Swan River in Perth on our last visit. It is always good for a lot of laughs and alot of hard work. We even randomly saw giraffes across a lake, we are guessing there was a small zoo, it was quite weird to see!

We walked along beaches and climbed rocks, finding shells and getting very wet, Luke was in heaven.


So there you have it our Spring Break trip, hopefully that long post made up for my lack of posts in March, I promise I will try and be better!

10 comments:

Chessa K said...

Yea! You finally updated! I'm glad the hotel worked out for you - it looks great! We'll have to get all the Santa Barbara trip tips from you when we decide to go up there....some day, hopefully!

Eve said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. It is nice that your parents are down for Abby - you are getting to see them a lot this year, huh? :)

Greg and I spent a couple days of our honeymoon in SB - we just loved walking around town and the beach. It is such a cool town.

Debbie said...

glad you had a great time with your family. i would love to go to santa barbara one of these days.

Danielle said...

Hey Rach

Good to see you blogging again. After all...you were the one that started this whole malarchy for us in the first place!

Glad you are having fun with your folks. Can't believe it is Abby's baptism already. Wasn't she just born the other day?

Wish we could be there, but we will look forward to the posts.

Enjoy this time... xoxo

Julie said...

Ahhh...that's better! Thanks for the post, sorry for the rude comments! Great pictures! That is definitely a trip that I would love to take. I'll need all of the travel tips from you!

Cheryl said...

What a great time! I am glad your parents are down again--I thought it was them at church last Sun.

Naomi said...

We have good friends who have a home there in Hope Ranch. It is one of our favorite places to visit! It is so beautiful there!! Looks like you found some great adventures while you were there.

Theresa said...

GEEZ LOUISE! It's about time! Santa Barbara is great, isn't it? We love it. We've gone (almost) every year around Labor Day... Kevin does a run from the pier to the top of one of those mountains (the "toughest 1/2 marathon" - they claim).

Team Fifield said...

Looks beautiful! Love, love, love the beach! Glad you had a good time!

heidi said...

yea your back! Are you back for real?

I love Santa Barbara too--we always have the greatest time when we are there.