Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cabo San Lucas



Last weekend Chad and I were able to go on a little vacation with 4 other couples to the very tip of Baja California in Cabo San Lucas. I had never been to Mexico before - I have been to Tijuana but that doesn't really count, and we were also celebrating our 14 year wedding anniversary.

Our trip consisted of eating at some amazing little hole in the wall restaurants that were so good, my mouth waters just thinking of those tacos with a slice of pineapple in them. I think the first night we went Chad had at least 10! Our first night was a little crazy, the lady we rented the condo from told us she would leave the doors unlocked for us because she was unsure of our flight plans. When they werent unlocked we figured she left the window unlocked instead and so we climbed in. To make a long story short she had mixed up our dates and we were not supposed to be in the rooms that night and technically we were squatting. We had to fit all of us in 1 condo instead of 2. Poor Chad ended up on the kitchen floor for the night because he said I hogged the single bed we were alloted to after drawing the short end of the stick! After all that was resolved the housing situation turned out great! Here is the view from our room.



We went to downtown Cabo at night for dinner and exploring and saw some amazing sunsets which were not over the ocean, quite weird!




I love to snorkel, one day we hung at at this beach called Playa Santa Maria and had a great time snorkeling, relaxing and climbing rocks. The water was both a beautiful temperature and a beautiful color and we were able to see a lot of fish.


Julie had this underwater camera that Chad and I played around with a little bit



One day we rented a water taxi to take us out to the Pacific window, which is where the Pacific Ocean meets the Sea of Cortez, I thought it was spectacular. We were on a glass bottom boat and I was amazed at the amount of fish that we saw. I was so excited because we were going to snorkel again, after a little tour we were dropped off at our own private little beach where the snorkeling was supposed to be great. Great it was if you like being stung and surrounded by jellyfish! I just had to settle for the beautiful view and relaxing on the beach.


We had a fantastic time on our trip, good times with good friends and a wonderful husband. Thanks to all my friends and family who helped watch my children, I knew they were in good hands and having lots of fun without us!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Very pretty photos....the girls aren't bad either...pretty too!

But the scenery is very cool.

Happy #14 ....that is scary, where has time gone?

Glad you had fun in Cabo. xoxo

Team Fifield said...

Awesome! Glad we could take a trip neighbor! (As if we didn't know enough about eachother :)... NO MORE SECRETS!!!) We love you guys!

Team Fifield said...

Forgot to mention how freakin hillarious that underwater picture of you and Chad is... I die laughing everytime I see it!

Janey said...

Hey, this looks amazing! Jealousy doesn't begin to describe my feelings. Just wanna let you know that I have the biggest amount of respect on how you have coped for the past 17??? years. I get so homesick. Its hard hey? Love ya lots!
Janey.

Julie said...

Ahhh...good times. We had a blast with you guys...next year??