Thursday, May 8, 2008

I Heart Dolphins


So you probably know that I have this little obsession with dolphins - I love them! I dont like collecting dolphin trinkets or stuff, I just love watching them, playing with them, feeding them, seeing them in the ocean and hanging out with them at Sea World. I have said for a very long time now that when I grow up I want to be a dolphin trainer! When I turned 30 for my present I got to have a dolphin experience at Sea World where we got to do some tricks with them and play around - it was so great! I then said that when I turn 35 I want to actually swim with them - you know the fin pull and the belly ride, actually frolic in the water with them! So last September when the date arrived, it wasnt really working out to do my dream, I tried planning and it never came together - I was sad.

Fast forward to a Cabo San Lucas trip we were invited on this year, which coincided with our 14th anniversary, and there just happened to be a great swim with dolphins place there - and we were so in! I was excited about the trip but secretly all I could really think about was my swim! So more on the Cabo trip soon but first things first - the dolphins! I was able to get Jen and Julie to come with me for the adventure and it was everything and more that I had hoped for. We got to spend 1 hour in the water with the dolphins doing everything that I had ever wanted - we fed them, massaged them, did tricks with them, kissed them, did fin pulls, belly rides and had the absolute time of my life! They are amazing creatures that are so friendly and fascinating to work with, they feel so cool, and they just love human interaction. They actually didn't mind us touching their tongue or sitting on its back - oh what I would do to have my own personal dolphin to frolic with everyday of my life!





Seriously I couldn't be much happier than this - I think heaven will be full of dolphins!


We decided it was the G est of Ts - meaning goodest of times!

8 comments:

Chessa K said...

Glad you got to have the dolphin experience! How fun!

heidi said...

I'm jealous, we tried to do that on our last Florida trip but it was too full. What a great time to be able to do something you've dreamed of.

Cabo sound divine...can't wait to hear more.

Danielle said...

Dear Ariel,

I am glad your dreams came true and you got to be 'part of that world'!! (can still see you singing that song over and over)

You do look happy...it made me smile just to look at the photos, cos I know how excited you must have been. YAY!!

Happy anniversary too...14 years....how did that happen?

Tell Chad to 'picasa' the trip photos for us! xoxo

ShOrt StoRy said...

I was so excited to read this... and I could totally picture you enjoying yourself. Yay for dolphins and Rachel.

Julie said...

Absolute G-est of T's!! Thanks for all of the laughs and memories!!

Sharon said...

that's so great that you finally got to do it! the water looks so clear!

Team Fifield said...

It was a blast! Maybe we can visit Frida next year(?)!!!! Thanks for the fab idea and for sharing in the fun!

Debbie said...

wish i could have gone with you, it looked like so much fun!

maybe next year:)