Wednesday, August 27, 2008

There can be no jet lag for us!

I could have done so many posts on my trip but I had to limit them, it is always so hard to choose pictures. We had so much going on at home when we returned! We got home Friday morning and immediately had to go the the kids schools to work on getting schedules and teachers. That evening was really special - our dear friend and neighbor Kelly was baptized. As a neighbor they just dont get any better than her, she takes care of our house, mail and yard whenever we go out of town, she always brings over some of whatever she bakes, she always has a listening ear and she always has whatever I need to borrow. Kelly was baptized in the her friends backyard pool, it was a sight I will always remember. It was sunset, the kids were dangling their feet over the side of the pool and then there were a ton of missionaries and some friends surrounding the pool as Kelly entered the water. Very special night and we are very happy that Kelly has made this decision. I hope that the gospel will bring her the peace and happiness that it has brought to my life.
Kelly was doomed, how could she not get baptized with The Fifields on one side and us on the other - she was double teamed!

The next day was a big one, we had the Livingston wedding in our backyard and there was plenty of work to be done. We gardened, moved furniture and decorated all day, and the end result was so beautiful. Even though its alot of work to get ready for, this is the 2nd wedding in our yard, I really do love it. I love having people over, so it is like one big party that I didnt have to do invites, food music, decorations or anything. I loved their garden theme and they covered the yard with twinkle lights it was so pretty!






These cute girls collected gifts and greeted guests as they arrived!
The bride and groom, they were so happy. Courtney was one of my YW when I served in YW she is such a sweet girl - congrats!

Then I got the kids ready for going back to school, and then I CRASHED!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

I need a 'Kelly' next door to me! Especially for the baked goods. Yum! The baptism sounded idyllic...

And a wedding...wow...the tables looked fabulous. You are quite the party-girl. Takes one to know one...and even with all the work, the end result is worth it.

You have become Uber-Blogger Girl!! xoxo

Heather said...

Rachel - You are soo cute! I found your blog off of my twin sister Jen's blog - what a small world! It is so fun to see your cute kids - wow - they are really getting big. I can't believe that Hayley is 13 already! Next year are the stake dances. Caitlin is my oldest and she will be twelve in March! Scary!
fun to see you guys again!
Love ya - Heather

heidi said...

you have been one busy momma! it's been so fun to read all your australia posts...

Michael said...

Rachel - we just got back from a week in Sydney. Shari's first trip down under (my third) and it was fantastic. Posted a bunch of pictures/comments on my blog. Love your homeland!

Tiffany Downs said...

I'm sure Kelly's Baptism was outstanding! Both you and Jen, how fantastic!!!

Team Fifield said...

Yay for Kelly! Agreed... Kelly IS
the greatest neighbor! :)

Danielle said...

Am I allowed to comment on Jen & Luella's blogs? They are better at the updates than you!! ;o)

Where has Debbie gone??

I forget to look for a week or so...and everything changes!! What is going on with my cyber-friends that don't know I stalk them??? ha ha xoxo