So Monday marked our 4th annual labor day cul de sac bash. Everyone is welcome,we block off the street, rent a huge water slide and hang out all afternoon long. This year, like years past was a huge success and a ton of fun. The weather was so perfect, very pleasant and no need to escape into the air-conditioning. Kelly opened her home again for the serving of food, Julie had her pool open, there was a slip and slide, a jumpy thing and of course the highlight being the slide. My favorite time of day is always adult time, when no children are allowed and we do silly tricks and see who can make the biggest splash (that would be Paul -every-time and every year). The kids went down the slide so many times throughout the day they were exhausted last night and still this morning when I couldn't get them out of bed!
This year I think was the most people we had, however they were more spread out over the cul de sac. We had 10 easy ups, so plenty of shade and some good tunes thanks to DJ Jason!
The teenagers - Hayley and her posse had a ball, they even had their own time on the slide and basically thought they were hot stuff! I would say they acted like teenagers but they are really good kids and I am so glad she has a lot of good kids to surround herself with.


Adult time YAY. Watch out kids all sorts of splashing goes on! Kelly, Jen and I braved a ride together thinking there would be a great splash but we kind of just stopped at the bottom - not too impressive!
My cutest little niece Lucy aka LuLu entertained everyone with her cuteness!
Dont mess with these guys in a water fight - no one was safe.
Slip and slides are so fun but this turned into more of a slip and slide in the mud. I hate what they do to the grass when you are all done, someone needs to invent something to fix that, then I would gladly get it out way more often for the kids to play with.
Abby and Raegen playing in the fire hose during the clean up.
At the end of the day and clean up time having a fire hose makes things a little easier and alot more fun! So next year, same place, same time and all are welcome! GTs GTs, thanks all for another great party!

9 comments:
What a fun neighborhood you have! Our cul-de-sac had a block party, but we could take pointers from you guys!
Fun!
Gt's as always...so what's next?...Kayaking I think. we are so excited...
Ok...I am sorry....I will eat my words. This post wasn't there when I checked last night! ;o)
And what a fabulous post. Well recorded. I wish I was there.
Now I don't know whether to come for Easter, July 4th, Labor Day, Halloween or Christmas. All looks like fun. Might have to come for a year!! xoxo
GT's....hee hee xoxo
as always...GT's GOOD TIME(american GT's, not Australian GT's)
Another great labor day slam as always. Thanks to you guys, the warricks, and Forbes for making this year's festivities a bit more special for our family. You guys are fun neighbors and great friends.
Next years idea: 2 waterslides with side by side with time trials?????
Love the new camera and all the good shots! Especially the pic of Abby and Raegan! Hope you don't mind that I copied it and added it to my blog! :)
Thanks for letting us join in the fun! We had a great time! It was a perfect day!
boo hoo! we missed it this year! it looks like you guys had a wonderful time.
Looks like a serious neighborhood blow-out party! How fun!
I enjoyed getting caught up on your Aussie trip. The pictures were amazing. How neat that your family gets to experience all of that together!
Post a Comment