Lately I have been so consumed with a family that I have never met, spoke to or even seen. They live in Arizona and the parents Stephanie and Christian were recently in a plane crash. Im sure most of you have heard about the story her blog is the nieniedialogues, I find myself thinking about her, her husband - Mr Nielson and her sister who is looking after her kids at so many points throughout the day. Even though I dont know her, she doesnt know me I find myself wanting to be more like her. I have started wearing my cute little apron more often in honor of her, and it makes me happy! I have started wanting to be a better wife and also wanting to call my husband Mr Gharring. I want to be a better mother because of her and snuggle my kids a little more, tell them I love them a little more and do more cute things for them. She hasnt turned me into a vegetarian but she has made me proud and happy to be a stay at home mother. I love my life and am so grateful that I get to be with my kids all the time and not miss out on any of their day to day accomplishments. I think from her blog she shows that a stay at home mother of 4 kids can be cool and she does it being positive, looking cute, and loving every minute of it.
I am not much of a crier, but each morning I go to CJane - her sisters blog, for an update on them and her kids and most days I end up crying, they are so positive and inspiring in the midst of the craziness they are facing. I just find it so weird that I have been so affected by this story, they are in my prayers daily and I love seeing their family come together and be so strong for each other and for them - what a blessing and an example!

14 comments:
I agree, and I can't believe she is a hs friend of hilly's and she is only 26. crazy...I feel inspired the same way to do a little more and get done a little less...
Rachel - I have been just as into it as you have been! I can't believe this poor family and how amazing they are at handling what they have been dealt! I too copy a lot of the same things she has done! Why not? It just validates us more as stay home moms!
They are amazing!
i have been reading her blog for a long time {along with cjanes} and i could not believe the story. i read their posts everyday and get so inspired, etc. they are amazing and i want to be just like nienie when i grow up:)
if you look at my photo a day blog, i am looking for a cute apron. it totally makes me think of her. so wear yours, its cute!
Okay...so I had a million things to do this morning...but I have been distracted by your blog.
I needed to see what you were talking about and so checked the links.
Now I can't leave the house because I have been crying and my eyes are puffy.
I am going to smell some roses today... xoxo
I feel the SAME exact way you do. I usually end up crying each day too, reading and being inspired.
Well I decided to try harder to read my wife's blog and leave a comment now and again. I just saw her the first time the other night reading somebody's blog I didn't know. When she told me it was somebody she didn't know, but she felt she did, I thought my wife to be crazy again and shrugged it off.
But in the past week or two I noticed a difference with her and didn't know what it was, until just now. I just figured it was those 5 pounds I lost and my hot body.... It is funny how that works, because after she was treating me so nice I have tried to return the favor to her and do those little things men usually don't do so well. Funny how things work like that.
So the moral of the story..... Read your wife's blog regularly and you might find out something new that you had no idea about (along with every other person out there).
Hey Chad,
could you pass some of your new found knowledge and wisdom on to your brother?
I will have Rach thank you for it later on my behalf, Thanks a lot...
Sorry, but not during fantasy football season. That is a hopeless cause......
thanks a lot rachel - now I have spent my whole morning looking at blogs! what an amazing story! It makes me want to go back to when my kids were younger and do it all over again (but better this time!) thanks for the inspiration!
unreal...maybe there is some truth to the saying "live every day as if it were your last"
What a nice post. I too find myself consumed with thoughts of a friend who's life has been drastically altered. Steph loved to run, and as I am already running the Long Beach Marathon in October I have decided to run not only in honor of steph but also to help fundraising efforts for her and her family. If you would like to dontate please click this link, thanks for blogging about this Rachel!https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=h7Cw7sbpCS7JXQZomFutnXaFHUzufIsybkGbU9-8cUdi_kBhzR01Mt11vkO&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f38432c9462fe731381a7a80e09148cd455954589863c15e2
Hey Rach, I found you guys. I can't wait to look up her blog.
Rachel-I love this post. It is so true! Stephanie is such an inspiration! Blog stalk all you want-I love blogging!
Rachel...Hey It's Jenn P. 1st of all let me say that I miss you...We all had soo much fun at camp!! And I too have just been soo "haunted" by this story that I can not get enough!! I go on everyday to see any new updates! Both courtney and stephanie are amazing women, mother's, wives, friends etc. I love the way they write. Did you see that she is also reposting diff. blogs on stephanies now...They are soo cute. Hope all is well!! Cya soon hopefully! Love-Jenn
Post a Comment