( Chessa informed me today that my US flag is the wrong way around woops, hope that isnt on the test!)
This Wednesday just happens to be my birthday, but what I am more focused on is my big U.S. citizenship interview and test that happen to be on my big day. What a lovely present for me dont you think! I have been working on this duel citizenship thing for awhile now, officially turning in all my paperwork a year ago and Wednesday will be a big, I mean huge part of that. I will have my interview, no worries I have done all the green card stuff and it couldnt be worse than that. I have been collecting my paperwork for weeks, you name it I have to take it old and new passports, all our birth certificates, marriage certificate, the last 3 years of tax returns, pictures, proof of address, green cards and the list goes on - oh and they want each bit of paperwork to come with a copy! I dont have to do the language test so that is one less step to do - I have been here for a while so my English is actually pretty good. (Some people still think that Australian is a language you know - I guess it depends on who is speaking). But what I am truly worried about is the stinkin test. I have a study booklet of 96 questions ranging from pretty easy ones like how many stripes are on the flag to some that are pretty hard and take some memorizing. I have been studying and having my husband and children test me and let me tell you if I dont nail that test - I will not be a happy girl. Just try me any civics question to do with the constitution and our government I have got them down - that is if they are in my book.
So think of me on Wednesday at the INS office in San Bernadino - and we may just be having a big old party in the near future celebrating my new dual citizenship. I can imagine it now - pavlovas and apple pies, meat pies and hamburgers, vegemite sandwiches and PB and Js - its gonna be great!

11 comments:
Wow! Congrats (a little early). A big step... Just in time for the election, right?
A side question... do you put beets in your hamburgers?
Good luck and hope your birthday is GREAT!
you need a bday banner...
Good luck on Wednesday! By the time you get dual citizenship you will know a lot more than most of us! And don't forget to add Violet Crumble to the celebration. My Australian exchange students introduced me to it in High School and I LOVE it! I used to make Garth drive around town before it was in the stores just to get me my fix!
I'll be thinking about you but I know you'll do great!
Rachel - That is so exciting! But, yes - don't ever give up your yummy pavlovas and veggiemite - isn't nutella part of Australia too?
You will do great!
you will do awesome and happy birthday, a day early:)
thanks for going to our house the other day, you saved us:)
What a big day! Good luck - How long has it been since you've taken a test?!? I have avoided them for decades!
Good Luck, I will be thinking about you and I know you will do great....
Good luck! We'll be sending our best thoughts for you. Does this mean you get to skip the lines both coming AND going to Australia now? Happy Birthday as well.
Good luck girl. I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!
happy birthday! and congrats! hope all went well, sure it did!
Post a Comment