Friday, November 21, 2008

TWILIGHT

So last night - well actually this morning at 12:01am was the long anticipated moment of the 1st of Stephanie Meyers books Twilight being released as a a movie. Along with every teenage girl and a lot of young mothers -we have been huge fans of the series for some time. We gathered a group of 25 ish and bought tickets weeks ago. The hype has been building for a long time, plans were made to meet at 8:00 for dinner and then stand in line. All day long news reports from the mall came in that people started lining up at 6:00am and that 12 theaters were sold out - we expected complete mayham. By the time high school let out, there was a long line. We finally decided to stop stressing the line, it is what it is, and then just show up when we were ready. After getting dinner to go we hopped in line and ate our CPK in line!

The line of 1000s moved fast and by miracle of all miracles by the time we got to the front for the mad dash of theaters, they had just opened a new one and we had our choice of the best seats in the house with our whole group together - aah relief and how great was that! I actually felt bad for all the people that had been there all day! O.K. so now we had 3 hours to kill in a theater! It was spent by chatting and wondering into other theaters, there were so many people we knew all over the place (and a ton of teenagers) that it was just a big socializing session.


As a bunch of old mothers not used to staying up so late we kept laughing at how ridiculous we were - and tired! There was a lot of Diet Coke consumed let me tell you! The big moment arrived and I will spare you my whole critique but just say that it was very entertaining, it pretty closely followed the book, some of the characters were great, some I had a hard time with, parts were done really well, a little too much makeup was used but all in all it was good. Well - so good that I have tickets to see it again this afternoon! But let me explain - Chad would not let me take Hayley until I had previewed it first - much to her disapproval. All of her friends were able to attend the midnight showing and she has been pretty upset about it. I am completely fine with her seeing it, so straight after her early release today we will hit a matinee for a little mother daughter time. I have a feeling I will enjoy it just as much the second time- oh and I look forward to seeing the part that I missed because I had to run - and I mean sprint to the bathroom in the middle. How sad am I! So as we piled out of the theaters, dissecting the characters and movie - we couldnt pass up one more chance of a picture with the little billboard ( most of the gang had dispersed as you can see)!


A great night and entertainment - but it left me with no closure completely wanting the next one to come out - I guess we will be doing the same thing in about a year!

11 comments:

Julie said...

I LOVE Edward!! Fun night. Thanks for sprinting to save me a seat!! I am pleased with the movie...but I'm glad that I read the book because there were so many details that ere skimmed over...anyways...can't wait for the next!!!

Eve said...

As soon as the movie was over I was feeling jealous that you get to see it again today. I guess I'm going to have to drag Greg along for round 2. :)

Chessa said...

Wish that all the group was together. Have fun with Hayley.

Debbie said...

totally fun, wish i could have been there with my girls!

Heather said...

okay - I still can't get over how cute your blog is... we went to the midnight show as well last night and it was so much fun = but I am thrashed today!

Didn't you feel like you were in High school?

ShOrt StoRy said...

Guess who was awake when I came home? I am seriously BEAT today...maybe we need some naptime in my house today!
That was so fun and I agree with you and Julie, I can't wait until the next one!
GT's

Team Fifield said...

Okay star blogger! Impressive.

Anys- fun,fun,fun, thank you for hooking up the tickets, planning etc. It was a blast!

Chantel said...

I had so much fun!! Thanks for pulling me along for the ride (and letting me steal your pics for my own blog!) hehehee

Johnson said...

Rachel, I totally stole your pics and put them on my blog...thanks. Thanks for inviting me!

Unknown said...

1st of all- how awesome is your blog template!! So pretty Rach!!
2nd of all another fun night with the ladies!! Besides all of the laughing, totally loved the movie!! Let's go see it again! This time, I'm sneaking my food in like the rest of you! Except that once the smell of that butter with popcorn got into my nose, I was glad my pea soup was trashed! GT's

Wendy said...

Sorry about the confusion too! But at least we all got to see it! I feel like I'm still obsessed with it all and can't wait to see it at least a few more times. And 3 days later I'm still recovering from the all-nighter!
Also, love your new background!!