Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Wrap Up


As always we had an excitement filled, sugar packed and crazy Halloween! We started by carving pumpkins in our garage - ghetto I know but cabinets were being installed in the kitchen and they were loud. We usually use templates for our carving but I tore the house apart and could not find them anywhere - I blamed it on my dumb kitchen problems! Chads parents and Brad and Chelseas family joined us for dinner and then Hayley and Trent went to the Baughs for a party and to trick or treat with their friends. It makes me so sad that they are growing up so fast and we arent doing it together as a family like we always have, but I knew that they would have a ball and they did.


The family halloween shot with our carved pumpkins




The girls took the kids out first while the boys manned the door and got in some good BYU football talk as well as I am sure some politics - BLAH, so over it! I made Chelsea and my mother in law dress up a little and they were happy to oblige!



The power rangers and monkey did great and scored pretty good on the candy


My little candy corn was accompanied by Maddyn and they went out 3 separate times, having a blast and hitting the jackpot.


Jason (our neighbor) had a cool setup at the front of his house. Nate was sitting dressed like this and scared the pants off so many people. He even chased me to my house with his axe! Luke was petrified until I explained that he went to church with us and when no one else was around I made him take off the mask. After that Luke thought he was great and even wanted a picture with him.

I was so glad Hayley and her friends made it up to our street, they were having such a good time together. Again Claire you are welcome for the picture!



I saw this on a site today and thought I would copy. This is what is left of our candy - besides Hayleys which is in her room the stinker. I think it looks so much cuter than one big pile, so much easier to find the candy that you want!

5 comments:

Heather said...

OMGosh - Your costume is so cute - I love the hat!

That candy idea is so great! We have hidden candy all over the house - I just keep discovering wrappers. Little Parker goes under the dining room table and leaves the evidence for me to pick up!

I can't believe that Halloween is behind us! Yikes for Christmas!

ShOrt StoRy said...

I will oblige you anyday with costumes...That pic made me laugh! As always, so lucky to have you guys!

Debbie said...

oh rach, they are SO good {deep fried mars, snickers, milky way, etc.}. i wish i still lived there, i would have you try one. oh and they are a secret menu item, you have to ask for them. we were told my the locals in scotland, thats how we found out.

miss ya!

R Allen said...

Thanks for the picture Rachel! I see Alannah will smile when other people take her pic!

I may have to employ you...

Danielle said...

Glad you had a fun-filled Halloween. Once again...the kids look gorgeous....Abby taking the cake with her little food-inspired costumes and funky hats! Can I have her?

My thighs are glad we don't 'do' Halloween here. Can you imagine? ha ha xoxo