Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Dancing Queens

Tuesday night was the girls dance recital. We look forward to them every year, they are always so cute and fun and this year was no exception! Miss Jeni does such a great job of keeping the dance moves and the costumes modest and conservative. It is only about 40 minutes and we are thoroughly entertained the whole time. Each girl did 2 dances, one tap and one jazz, and they both were so great, I am a proud mother! Because Miss Jeni is in our stake, the majority of the people who take from her we know, so it is always fun to see everyone and their cute little girls in costume and on stage. Even though they practice only once a week, so it isnt very intense, I love to see how much they improve and learn each year. My girls love to be on stage, especially Hayley, and recital time is a pretty exciting night for them and all of us!




Abby, Audrey and Kaitlyn. Their class danced to Walkin on Sunshine and Ladies choice from Hairspray - so very cute!

Hayley and Brooke (Miss Jenis daughter) have handed out the programs at every recital I can remember since Jeni started teaching when they were 4 or 5 years old. They take their jobs very seriously!

Abby and her Grandpa Bryce

Holy makeup! Hayley did not leave the house looking like this. They all get backstage in front of the mirrors and use each others makeup, I understand it needs to be more because of the lights and everything, but this is definitely way too much for me!

Some of Chads family always come and support the girls - it always means so much, thankyou!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

I am SOOOO glad you got 'dancy' girls!! They both look so cute...and there is no such thing as TOO MUCH on stage!

Now tell me that you sew their costumes including all the sequins...and I will seriously die and go to heaven.

The 'inner stage mother' in me is straining to get out. Another reason God didn't give me girls!

I'll live vicariously.... xoxo

Sharon said...

Your girls did such a great job! Abby did a great job today in her 2nd grade play!

ShOrt StoRy said...

I'm always so glad that we live close so we can see their recitals. I seriously get so excited waiting for their performances.

Julie said...

They did such a great job that night...Hayley did take her job handing out programs very seriously...such a happy face to greet the masses! Also, Abby...with her solo at the 2nd grade play...good job Ab's!!! I believe that you have stars in the making on your hands!!:)

Team Fifield said...

Your girls did awesome! Love to watch them and give "shout outs"! It was a fun night, like always!

brit.brat said...

i love abby's hair! hey THANKS for the invite. way to make us look bad! you know we would have been there. punk.