Fast forward to the builder coming out and informing us what we hoped would be the minimal amount of damage - just replacing all the moulding that was coming apart. We were so happy that our floors didnt seem to be affected. BUT then the specialists came in and holy cow different story - out came the island, out came the sink and all the cabinets underneath, drywall was cut out all over place, draws and cabinets were taped shut, moldings ripped up, this lovely ET style plastic was placed everywhere with fans running 24/7. Great!
So with all the machines to do the testing I guess there was more damage than we thought. The grossest part was under the sink where it must have been slowly leaking for the last 4 and a half years because of the amount of mold under there - beware it is pretty disgusting. They say because it was contained and not exposed that it couldn't cause any damage to us! So people who have spent time at our house dont stress, you will not get sick from this toxic mold, we are all healthy and are not in the slightest bit worried!
And so we sit in our house with no access to our kitchen, loud fans blowing and stuff all over the place. Food is in the garage, we use nothing but paper products and who knows when everything will be back to normal. We are on day 5 of this craziness, seriously I didn't have any idea that this was how my next week was going to be like.
For now I will think positive. No dishes, no cooking, mmm thats all I can think of! Anyone want to meet us for dinner at any restaurant in town? This is getting expensive (wait that wasn't positive - but it was a fact!)

12 comments:
Wow...a bit of a mess huh? Good excuse to freshen up the fittings yeah?
Have fun eating out....no guilt, no mess....what could be better? xoxo
What a nightmare! We had a slow leak and mold under our kitchen sink. It took them a month to put it back together. Let me tell you though--you should be getting a per diem from the insurance for eating out with your family. You need to ask them what they are going to do about you not being able to use your kitchen. We got $35 per person per day for our per diem. Your house is torn up because of their shoddy work--they should be footing the bill on your expense for eating out! Don't let them get out of this one.
Hope things get put back together soon! It is such a pain when your kitchen is out of commission.
oh my goodness, i cannot believe your beautiful house looks like ET is living there. i hope it gets cleaned up soon.
wish we were there to join you guys for lunch/dinner:)
No way! What a huge bummer...anytime you want something homemade come on over! (Garth says I cook for 20-what can I say, I came from a big family!) In the meantime...I think you need some treats! :-)
Rachel!
I found your blog and read about your mishaps...it must be awful. You have such a positive attitude! Love the pictures! I'd hate to find out what's lurking under our sink....
It's nice to have a break from cooking tho huh? No? OK.
Royce
P.S. How did those meat pies turn out?
Oh Rachel what a MESS!
Come on down to San Diego and we'll go out with you guys!
You know a similar thing happened to us and you definitely need to check into getting a per dium for the food and milking it every way you know how! They won't be offering anything in hopes that you won't think to ask.
Sooo sorry!
Ew...gross...I would've never thought that it was that bad....I'm sorry that you can't cook dinner {wink}....I have pumpkin soup for you...
I'm with Chessa, I would have NEVER guessed it was that bad and that it had been leaking for so long...wish I had some delicious dinner to offer, maybe tomorrow...
the yocums definitly ate well "on the plumbers". we even got to enjoy it! hopefully, you get some kind of per diem...otherwise that just stinks!
good luck with it all!
Oh my goodness....so sorry. We should bring you dinner!
Sounds like what our house is kind of like with our remodel going on! Craziness, for sure.
Post a Comment