I gave in, I relented, after 14 years of being nagged I was done, I was weak and worn down, I couldnt handle the pressure any more, I let up, I complied with the wishes and desires of my family AND we got a dog!
In shock yet? - me too!
Name - Snickers Age - 2 years Type - Terrier and chihuahua mix - he has one ear that sticks up and one that droops down
My kids and my husband are in Heaven, I am still undecided - what have I done!!!!!!
Rachel - How funny! I need to keep this post away from my kids. i keep them telling them that when Parker gets in Kindergarten - we will talk! That is going to be here sooner than I want to think about! You will have to keep me posted as to how it goes!
I still can't believe you gave in...did Snickers stop barking? I felt so bad after we left...we'll be sure Byron is on his best behavior next time! I just want to know who wanted him in their bed last night!
Here I was thinking that a turtle was the best pet ever! Now you go and get a dog--my poor kids give me the whole guilt trip about once a week. I'm still pretty resolved in my firmness that the answer is NO!
But if anything could change my mind, it would be that cute little drooping ear!
WHAT????? Rach! I nearly fell over, look at you! What a selfless momma you are! Congratulations or condolences...youb choose! We can't wait to meet him.
I'm sorry about visiting teaching this month. I've had back issues all month, so Bev said she'd visit you by herself. (FYI...keep the dog away from her. She's very allergic.) However, I think you'll love seeing your kids so happy with Snickers.
The dog looks terrified. I hope he doesn't have a heart attack.
And congrats for giving in... you just made it harder for the rest of us. I was feeling pretty good about saying 'no' to the next door neighbours cute, white puppies who somehow keep getting into our yard...
Snickers is so cute! When I heard a dog barking from inside your house the other day I thought you were just doggy sitting. Hope your kids clean up more poop than you!
14 comments:
Rachel - How funny! I need to keep this post away from my kids. i keep them telling them that when Parker gets in Kindergarten - we will talk! That is going to be here sooner than I want to think about!
You will have to keep me posted as to how it goes!
I still can't believe you gave in...did Snickers stop barking? I felt so bad after we left...we'll be sure Byron is on his best behavior next time! I just want to know who wanted him in their bed last night!
Here I was thinking that a turtle was the best pet ever! Now you go and get a dog--my poor kids give me the whole guilt trip about once a week. I'm still pretty resolved in my firmness that the answer is NO!
But if anything could change my mind, it would be that cute little drooping ear!
oh my goodness i am in shock!!! i can not wait to meet him on our next visit. he is so cute! is he well trained already, since he is 2? good luck!
OH NO!!! My family--kids and husband are begging me everyday! I think I'm going to be the LAST hold out around here!!!
WHAT????? Rach! I nearly fell over, look at you! What a selfless momma you are! Congratulations or condolences...youb choose! We can't wait to meet him.
Wow, you're a nice mom or a crazy mom. What is it these days? Everybody is getting a dog!
Eeewww....is that thing allowed in the house??? Very un-Liddicoat of you!! ha ha
But good on you for being un-anal enough to provide your kids with such a wonderful learning tool! (you like that? I am trying to be positive)
Keep your Manolos and Jimmy Choos packed away...(I am just sooo funny tonight...I think I'd better go to bed!) xoxo
I'm sorry about visiting teaching this month. I've had back issues all month, so Bev said she'd visit you by herself. (FYI...keep the dog away from her. She's very allergic.) However, I think you'll love seeing your kids so happy with Snickers.
The dog looks terrified. I hope he doesn't have a heart attack.
And congrats for giving in... you just made it harder for the rest of us. I was feeling pretty good about saying 'no' to the next door neighbours cute, white puppies who somehow keep getting into our yard...
Okay...we just saw 'Hotel for Dogs'....now I think you did a good thing. Poor little orphan dogs, needing a good home. Good on ya' mate!! lol xo
Oh no! You didn't! I hope you love it, but if you don't I'll give you my shoulder to cry on. Good luck! P.S. It really is a cute dog.
Snickers is so cute! When I heard a dog barking from inside your house the other day I thought you were just doggy sitting. Hope your kids clean up more poop than you!
Post a Comment