We all started with a regular around here - some vegemite on toast for brekkie!
Then I drove over to World Market to get some more Aussie goodies ( how sad that the huge stash that my family brought over is already gone). This was going to be our snacks for the day. The plan was to have fish n chips for lunch but I starting eating this licorice, and then ate some more and more, until the bag was gone and then I was too full for lunch - WOOPS!
I gathered all of our Aussie books and let the kids choose some to read after school
O.K. so these arent quite as tasty or look as good as the ones from a bakery but they did just fine. Nothing like a good old meat pie and some tomato sauce for dinner!
For dessert we had mini pavlovas and strawberries - mmm mmm good!
Throughout the day we played all Aussie music (except in the car) - a little Cold Chisel, Crowded House, Waltzing Matilda, even the National Anthem - you name it! We then ended the night by watching Kangaroo Jack - Happy Australia Day!

5 comments:
I am glad that we have one of Australia's HOTTEST coolest imports here! Ha! Seriously though. you're cool and so am I!
Rachel - Too cute - you REALLY celebrated the whole day! That must be so fun for your kids!
On ya' Rach...looks like you covered all of the major bases...what is the Kookaburra licorice? I have never had that, gimme some!! mm mmm
Good to see you had some Chisel action too. Aust Day wouldn't be the same without some Jimmy!! xo
what a fun day for you and your family! growing up i always wanted to marry someone from another country! matt's from utah does that count, he he he!
Rachel, I loved reading about Australia day. Especially i love the licorice. I can get that brand in Utah, and i love it so much. I miss licorice here in the DR. Oh well. I have only happy memories of our two trips to your beautiful Australia.
No worries mate! Kathy
Post a Comment