Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend!


The day before Easter just happened to be Abbys 9th birthday, so on top of all the Easter festivities we got to celebrate her day of birth as well. It was also the first time I got to use my birthday banner (made by my friend Heidi) which I just love!


Saturday evening we colored eggs - 3 dozen of them - the kids just wanted to keep going and going.
After being visited by the big furry bunny, the kids awoke to open their baskets full of flip flops and summer fun stuff, as well as some choclate and candy of course. This year I was mean and didnt get anything new for any of us to wear for church. Hayley wasnt too impressed - the truth is I tried and couldnt find anything for her! AAAh I hate shopping for church clothes for a teenage girl - so not fun!
Take a note of Lukes blue lips - I pried that ring pop out of his mouth before the picture and it went straight back in when we were done!

Following church we rushed home to Easter dinner at our house with all of Chads family (all 28 of us).

The food was delicious, but of course my favorite was the dessert. My sister in law Brittany is an amazing cook, so I put her in charge of the desserts knowing I wouldn't be disappointed and she definitely delivered. Carrot cake, chocolate cake with mint frosting and a citrus pound cake - aaah divine. I even scored the leftovers and ate them for breakfast and lunch the next day. Really if I cooked like her I would weigh 500lbs.

Then we moved on to the kids fave part which was the egg hunt. Grandma puts money in the eggs, some coins and some bills. Luke scored a $20 and a $10 and was quite pleased with himself. Apparently there were 2 $20 bills and the other was not found, Trent and cousin scoured that yard over and over for it and they were not impressed with not finding it. Trent only came out with about $1:50 and he was sure to keep reminding us.



Britt made a bunch of bunny ears for the kids to wear during the hunt - we got a kick out of posing in them. Chelsea, my niece Madi, Hayley and Brittany.

My niece Lucy and nephew Beck - are that not the cutest?

The whole clan. I feel blessed to have married into such a wonderful family. We had a wonderful day being together and celebrating such a special occasion.

9 comments:

R Allen said...

Such a nice feel good family post Rachel! You really made the effort to make Easter special for your children. All mine got was one chocolate bunny... and they had to share it.

I am so mean.

Heather said...

Ohhh.. how fun to see all of the Gharrings - every body looks so good! Don't you just love family holidays? They're the best!

Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle said...

Happy Birthday Abby!! and...Happy Easter Gharrings!

Cute post...you guys had such a fun and sunny Easter. I am still getting used to the plastic and real egg thing...but I am liking the money in the plastic egg. My niece's family did that too. I reckon I'd save hundreds if I did that instead of the choc ones.

I really need some motivation to blog...but you know when you've left it so long...that's where I'm at...

BTW...cute banner...can I get me one of those? xo

Debbie said...

i love, love, love the banner!!!

alisha said...

what a fun easter, and i love the birthday banner! oh...when did the bunny start leaving money in the eggs? i should of gone hunting at your house!

Team Fifield said...

So fun catching up on your blog! It's been awhile...
Where can I get a cute birthday banner like that? Does your friend Heidi sell them?
Happy Birthday to Abby.
Easter looked like a blast!
London pictures are awesome and am completely jealous!!!
Whew! I think I covered it all! Always a pleasure reading your blog!

heidi said...

the banner looks so cute hung...

love the AI post too. So much fun i think I need to get on board with a taping!!

heidi said...

just read the comments about the banner...I would be happy to make more...just let me know.