Chad promised the kids we would take them each on a separate trip at some point
Many of Hayleys frineds were going on the DC trip but not her
Chad is always trying to get me on a trip
I have never been to Europe
He has a lot of airline miles and hotel points
the amount of points to London just went down
Add these all up and what do you get? An amazing time in an amazing city. I have wonderful friends who we took care of my children and they just thought they were having major sleepover fun, I didnt seem to be missed.
We left on a Thursday evening and this flight was a breeze! No young children, a whole lot less baggage and a few hours shorter than the multiple trips we have taken to Australia - I actually looked forward to it. After arriving in London, catching the underground - of which I may now say we are experts! We used the underground to get everywhere. It is seriously the most efficient and greatest thing, I was quite impressed. It is cheap, you can get most anywhere, they come so frequently, and its cool. I didnt feel like a tourist, I felt like a local and really we had it down!
Day 1/2
When we got to the hotel instead of showering and crashing we headed straight out the door to make good use of our 3 and 1/2 days there. I was determined to fit in as much as I could in those days. What I couldn't get over was how amazing all the buildings are, so beautiful and ornate, we looked like huge tourists taking everything in from the double deckers buses to the amazing sights. Just a 5 minute walk away from the hotel was the natural history museum. We felt like we were in the middle of Night at the museum, we truly could have spent the day in there, but we had a schedule and so only stayed about an hour. It was really cool, we kept saying "oh the boys would love this" or "Abby would get a kick out of this".

Then it was more exploring, we walked to Buckingham Palace - it was amazing a huge palace right in the middle of a city.
Then we were ready for dinner, while looking for dinner we passed a bunch of embassies - this was Chads favorite
We had heard from multiple sources that the food in England is not the greatest, our first night seemed to be consistent with those rumors. We found an Italian place that wasn't so good, caught the underground back to the hotel and crashed.

2 comments:
English food blows. Awful. Amazing food from other parts of the world. I've got piles of restaurants I could have suggested - sorry I missed that you were headed over. As for Chad's favorite place, nice. Very nice shout out to Borat. Glad you had a great time!
FINally!
I love all the pics and stories...one day baby!
Post a Comment