Now I am paranoid of those pesky snails and rabbits - of which we have plenty. I am also fertilizing like crazy - so we can have a bountiful feast of fresh produce picked from our very own backyard. Need a tomato, an onion, maybe some basil or cilantro, how about some cucumbers or strawberries - ask me in a couple months you know where to get them!
Friday, April 10, 2009
Spring has sprung!
This past copy of Better Homes and Gardens had a little section on garden boxes. Chad and I having been talking about putting some in this year. The article gave us just the motivation and the step by step instructions we needed. Last week Chad built and painted the boxes and my mother in law was so impressed she bought us a bunch of vegetables to plant - how cool is that!. I am in love with them! We have only ever really grown tomatoes and this year we have all sorts of stuff, its going to be so fun. I am already bugging Chad to build a couple more, because there are more things I want to plant.


Now I am paranoid of those pesky snails and rabbits - of which we have plenty. I am also fertilizing like crazy - so we can have a bountiful feast of fresh produce picked from our very own backyard. Need a tomato, an onion, maybe some basil or cilantro, how about some cucumbers or strawberries - ask me in a couple months you know where to get them!
Now I am paranoid of those pesky snails and rabbits - of which we have plenty. I am also fertilizing like crazy - so we can have a bountiful feast of fresh produce picked from our very own backyard. Need a tomato, an onion, maybe some basil or cilantro, how about some cucumbers or strawberries - ask me in a couple months you know where to get them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Love them!
I love it!! My dad would be impressed. He is always on to me about growing stuff. I'm not being true to my culture if there's not 55 veges growing in my garden! ;o)
Your yard is so huge, you could have a whole market garden out there. Can't wait to see it grow! On ya! xo
Ours won't look as cute but we're right behind ya! Yea for fresh garden VEggies!
Good luck! We have a garden box, that I really need to get back to! Things for us have grown really well! There's nothing like the kids going out back and pulling carrots or peas to snack on! :)
great job! looking forward to shopping at your house! can't wait to see it in a few months!
It looks Awesome Rachel! I am oh so impressed.
You've just sealed my deal. I ripped the same pages out of BHG and told Jim once the backyard was finished, he needed to build me these. Now I can show him that it is indeed realistic and not just a picture in a magazine.
Post a Comment