Wednesday, November 28, 2007
The countdown is so on!
So it is only 10 days now until my family from Australia arrive. I know it sounds exciting but let me share the details and just exciting it will be. It has always been one of my Dads dreams for our family to have a White Christmas, you see it is summer time in Australia for Christmas so it is a huge novelty, after singing all the carols that involve snow and seeing all the movies. This year he finally made it come true, next week my 5 siblings, their spouses and 15 kids and my parents will board a plane and travel way too many miles and hours to come visit me. This will be the first time for many of them to come to the U.S. and as you can imagine it has been a huge undertaking. My Dad went back to work for 7 months pretty much to pay for the majority of it and it has been a full time job coordinating the itinerary which is planned to the last detail. We will stay in Temecula the first weekend, using my wonderful neighbors house(she will go to a hotel) and my house - 32 people is alot of bodies to house. Then is the crazy week of 3 days at Disneyland, Universal studios, San Diego zoo, Sea World, baptisms in the temple and a session for the adults. Are you worn out yet thats only in 1 week! Then we head up to Utah (pray for snow) for skiing, sledding, snowmobiling, Temple square, BYU and the usual sights and Christmas. Its going to be crazy, exciting, fun, tiring, loud and most of all so incredibly memorable - I cant wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I am so excited for you. We will miss you guys, but then again 1st Christmas in like 15 years with your family, I guess we can share you.
reading it all makes me want some fun like that. it sounds like memories just waiting to happen. enjoy!
I can't wait!!! We are getting so excited over here!!
Oh, Rachel! This will be the Christmas you remember, for sure. So exciting. We'll pray for some good Utah powder!
Wow -- that's SO great that ALL your family will be here. I can see why you're so excited! Hopefully there will be snow... but it will be *COLD* regardless! The opposite of an Australian Christmas, that's for sure.
Have a wonderful time!!!
I'm so excited for you! What great memories for everybody!
ps-what a great neighbor you have!!
WoW! What a memorable Christmas this will be! Have a wonderful time!
Post a Comment