This weekend Hayley and I went on a little trip. Friday we met up with my sister in law and her daughter who is Hayleys age and headed up to Long Beach. We did some shopping, went to Olive Garden and then watched a movie in our hotel room. Saturday morning we went to Time Out for women and girls, it was one of those church sponsored seminars geared toward young girls and their mums. There were 4 speakers including Ardeth G Kapp, and some EFY speakers and some popular church singers - Hillary Weeks, Abe Mills and Jenny Frogley. It was so great, they had the perfect messages and Hayley loved it. We laughed, felt the spirit and totally felt uplifted after a full day of singing and talks. I loved hearing Sister Kapp, I so remember when she came to Perth when I was in YW and my ward got to sing for her, we came back from girls camp especially and it really was a big deal. She also talked about the worldwide celebration where we released the balloons - do you remember that? I hadn't thought of that in years and years. Good time!
Saturday night I went with some friends (Chad was in Hong Kong) to one of those bounce house places. They had rented it out just for a bunch of adults. Oh my goodness it was so fun, I dont think I have laughed that hard in a while. We did races and obstacle courses, karaoke, and basically acted like kids! We were all so sore the next day and I have burns all over my elbows from going down the slides to show for the good time - so worth it!

9 comments:
sounds like a great time. I can't wait until I can do that with Delaney. Less then a year and she'll be in young womens.
I saw the pics from the bounce house on your friend Julie's blog--looks like a great time. Lisa told us about it--but we were already busy. Karaoke??? FUN!
I totally remember that celebration with the balloons! That's funny that you mentioned that.
Aunty Rachel:
Can you please email me the pictures? I figured out how to put pics on my blog - now I just need the pics.
Luv Madi
okay....i have caved to the blogging...the girls are going to laugh at me!!
just figured you read this more than your emails.
but yes....i remember that. we thought we were super-special!! and we were!! those 'mormon girls from the dianella stake...we love to have fun and we love to break'!!
so...thanks for the memories...sometimes i forget who i was back then, wish i could find her!!
keep bloggin' rach...we are all reading. oh...and all your friends...we are reading them too!!
dan xoxo
Hey...where has the funny singing lady gone???
My mum is glad I can't find it anymore!!
Ben xoxo
I need to do more one-on-one things with my kids! I'm sure that Hayley loved the time with you!
I love Sis. Kapp too. Thanks for a great idea for next year. Will you give me a heads up?
Im soooo jealous! I love Hillary Weeks! What song did she sing? So fun that you have a kid old enough to do that kind of stuff with! Count me in next time! I love pump up days like "Time out" Always needed, always awesome!
thank you mom i love you so much and thankf for taking me!!!!!
Post a Comment