Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Apple Schmear





So I had this great idea to go to Julien this weekend and pick apples, you know really get into the spirit of Fall. So I told the kids how much fun it wuld be picking apples (even though we have apple trees in our back yard) and getting pie, then we made the 1 hour trek. When we got there, the place is jam packed, no parking anywhere and a complete traffic jam. It seemed like many other people had the same great idea as me. It was also apple days and the apple picking places were closed because of the amount of people - so fun!!!! Chad said it was just like Disneyland, however that is not a good thing, he hates Disneyland because of the crowds. So we pretty much turned around and came home, with a few short pit stops along the way. (We had to stop at the chocolate factory we passed and we had to have some apple pie). So when we returned home a little disappointed we decided to play a game - apple schmear! If you have watched cheaper by the dozen as many times as we have you will know how to play. We got the rotten apples off our apple trees and played baseball with them. It was pretty fun, the apple pieces and juice went everywhere, incuding your face when you made a good hit. We had alot of fun and it made up for the disappointment of our Julien trip.

2 comments:

Julie said...

YAY!! It worked, What were we doing wrong!!??

Chad Gharring said...

I thought I would go and be a supportive husband and go and leave the first post for my wife on her blog, but there I see 7 posts already. You girls and your blogs are obsessive for sure.

I was talking to Rach on the phone and I was trying to tease her about her name of Live, Laugh, and Love. I said, 'That is so much a Mormon mom thing." She replied, "Good that is what I am." I guess she was right on that.

It is a good thing Rachel hasn't posted the video when I hit the apple and a piece went flying into my eye. I went down for the count.