I love living in our cul de sac. For any of you that visit our street regularly you would know that it is always full of kids playing. Tuesdays is my only day where I am not running kids to different activities, Abby has soccer but she is in a carpool that I dont drive on this day. So today after homework we played outside and enjoyed the crisp fall air. Hayley decided to teach Luke how to rollerblade, as you can imagine he spent more time on his bottom than his feet but he was smiling the whole time - ok I guess there was some tears and some blood, but he smiled the majority of the time. I feel so lucky to be able to raise my kids on a street with so many great neighbors and in a neighborhood that feels so safe. The amount of hours that I have spent out front watching kids and chatting with friends is really quite astounding!
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood
I love living in our cul de sac. For any of you that visit our street regularly you would know that it is always full of kids playing. Tuesdays is my only day where I am not running kids to different activities, Abby has soccer but she is in a carpool that I dont drive on this day. So today after homework we played outside and enjoyed the crisp fall air. Hayley decided to teach Luke how to rollerblade, as you can imagine he spent more time on his bottom than his feet but he was smiling the whole time - ok I guess there was some tears and some blood, but he smiled the majority of the time. I feel so lucky to be able to raise my kids on a street with so many great neighbors and in a neighborhood that feels so safe. The amount of hours that I have spent out front watching kids and chatting with friends is really quite astounding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I love hearing you laugh in the background too! I LOVE LUKEY! How the heck do you do music! Come teach! It makes all the difference!
Rachel
Nice to see Luke on his feet . Why is Luke dressed for summer and Haley for winter ? Is it a manly thing . Pleased you have a great neighborhood .
Love Mum and Dad
Rachel
Nice to see Luke on his feet . Why is Luke dressed for summer and Haley for winter ? Is it a manly thing . Pleased you have a great neighborhood .
Love Mum and Dad
cute video...I love living on a cul de sac too--my kids are outside all day sometimes, and I love the neighbors. Bummer is--no older boys for Hunter loads of girls though!
I think that his little legs would've just kept rolling apart if Haley didn't stop him!!! So cute!
Post a Comment