Thursday, October 11, 2007

our new additions



My family are a bunch of pet lovers. They are constantly begging for a dog or a cat. We really havent had too much luck in the pet department. I refuse to get a dog yet, because my kids are not responsible enough to clean up the poop, that was demonstrated when we had cats. We have had 3 cats get eaten by coyotes since we have lived in Temecula and one that was accidently run over by yours truly (now even though I didnt adore it, that was a devastating experience especially when I did it in front of Luke who absolutely adored it). My favorite pet was our desert tortoise that was about 25 years old and we had for 3 years. At the beginning of this summer he dug a hole under our fence and was gone, we still are crossing our fingers that he will return.
Anyways a few months ago we thought it would be fun to get a bird, not too much clean up with birds right. We got a parakeet and the kids have really enjoyed it. Well thats all Chad needed, this weekend we got 2 more and a bigger cage. Now I know that parakeets sound pretty boring, but we have them pretty well trained where you can pet them, have them on your lap, shoulder whatever and really be able to play with them. So far so good with the birds - I'll keep you posted

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let the poor kids get a dog!!

Julie said...

I am totally with you on the dog thing! Best pet for us so far...sea monkeys!! I am a loser mom!

ShOrt StoRy said...

Yeah get the kids a dog so my kids can come over and play with it.

Debbie said...

oh man, we are really thinking about getting a dog. i get worried but excited at the same time.

heidi said...

Yea!!!! I've been waiting to hear from you. I had to change blog addresses because of some virus that got into mine...kooky. I'll put your link on mine, welcome!