Ever since we did our backyard I have been wanting a patio cover. The sun shines right through our back windows all afternoon and I have to close the blinds everyday. It has been at the top of my list but chad has always wanted to do other projects over my patio cover. Well in the middle of August we were asked by some friends of ours if we could have their wedding and reception in our backyard on September 8th. Of course we would love too, even though our grass was suffering - whos wasnt it was like 100 degrees everday that month, and that was stressing us out to get it looking really good. Well we were getting ready to do a builtin at the time when I mentioned to Chad - heh what do you think of doing a patio cover now, seeing we will have 200 people in our backyard and we (me) have always really wanted one! Well I won (Yay), and in 3 weeks we got quotes and had one built, literally being finished the day before they started setting up for the wedding. My mum asked for pictures of it so these are for you! By the way the wedding was beautiful and luckily so was the weather, if it had been a week earlier it would have been 107. I love this patio cover - half is completely covered and half is lattice, we spend so much time under it now, reading, eating and hanging out, I knew I would be right, I knew we needed one!
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Especially for my mum
Ever since we did our backyard I have been wanting a patio cover. The sun shines right through our back windows all afternoon and I have to close the blinds everyday. It has been at the top of my list but chad has always wanted to do other projects over my patio cover. Well in the middle of August we were asked by some friends of ours if we could have their wedding and reception in our backyard on September 8th. Of course we would love too, even though our grass was suffering - whos wasnt it was like 100 degrees everday that month, and that was stressing us out to get it looking really good. Well we were getting ready to do a builtin at the time when I mentioned to Chad - heh what do you think of doing a patio cover now, seeing we will have 200 people in our backyard and we (me) have always really wanted one! Well I won (Yay), and in 3 weeks we got quotes and had one built, literally being finished the day before they started setting up for the wedding. My mum asked for pictures of it so these are for you! By the way the wedding was beautiful and luckily so was the weather, if it had been a week earlier it would have been 107. I love this patio cover - half is completely covered and half is lattice, we spend so much time under it now, reading, eating and hanging out, I knew I would be right, I knew we needed one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
it turned out so good, i love it!
hey rachel,
thanks for the comments:) i have a few of these type of hats and i love them. this one i got at a surf shop in oceanside called surfrider. i also found one at marshalls for only $4. hope that helps.
deb
Yay we have finally learnt how to get in and comment!
I'm jealous, it's beautiful. Who can I get to ask me to have a wedding in our backyard? Cool music, how did you add that? You aren't supposed to know how to do stuff like that yet!
Post a Comment