Following the carnival we went up to Chad's parents house, they live on 5 acres and have an avocado grove. With all the winds this week a ton of the avocados blew off the trees and would starting going bad very soon. We came to the rescue! With the dogs and the tractor we picked avocados for a few hours. Most were still very small, but it was so sad because there were so many that had fallen. I heard that in Fallbrook and the De Luz area (where they live) it produces 80% of the states avocados and 30% of those were burned in the fires. Watch out the prices of avocados are going up. Anyway we collected hundreds and hundreds of avocados, and hopefully they will still taste good because they are still not quite ready.
We have been to church, now we are working on Trents cereal box book report which is so not fun. I'm so excited for dinner I am making Byrons spicy pumpkin soup that I only make once a year at this time - oh it is so good!
Guacamole anyone?

6 comments:
Oh wow that's a LOT of avacados!!! How was the ward carnival? I have to miss my ward halloween party cuz I'll be at California Adventures all day for school! See ya later!
Ri
We need to see a picture of the ketchup bottle costume!!! Sorry about your trampoline, that would be a devastating loss for our family.
looks like a great time. I miss the Jackman's avocado trees. Sorry about the trampoline--I know the joy that can bring. Have fun cleaning--I just need to clean out window sills from the wind storms. Yuk!
Sorry to hear about Sue and Bryce's avocados . Were they covered by insurance ?
Trust Abby to win a Ketchup costume . She can now wear the costume at each meal incase some ketchup spills .
Good to know that life is returning to normal .
Love
Mum and Dad
Wowza! Guacamole for sure! Love your dogs.
If you need somewhere to unload some of those avocados, we would be willing to take some off your hands :)
Post a Comment